Administrator / Clerical Officer
(working within our client’s registration department)
Permanent and full time
Dublin City (red Luas) – There will be some periods of working from home over the coming months
Essential: A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required in this role.
- Provide general clerical / administrative support, including filing, photocopying answering / making telephone calls, dealing with email/drafting correspondence etc.
- Liaise with members of the public with queries
- Assist and support in preparing and assembling documentation, papers and reports for Council, Registration Boards, Committees and other Departments
- Assist with the research required to inform policy, procedures & other documents, including Codes of Conduct and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist with the organisation of meetings for internal Committees, including training exercises; liaise with committee Chairs / Registration Board Members; prepare meeting packs and take and distribute meeting minutes
- Organise diaries, schedule meetings with various stakeholders, organise room bookings and catering as required.
- Process registration applications and maintain registrant details on the client system
- Prepare spreadsheets, databases and any other information resources as required
- Co-ordinate education approval assessment process and maintain a schedule
- Provide assistance as required with events including preparation of correspondence, notifications, publications and promotional materials
- Maintain filing system and record management system in accordance with policies.
- Deal with routine queries and complaints
- Prepare reports and business cases as required
- Work as part of a team to deliver the client services and support line-managers and colleagues
- Carry out such other duties as required from time to time.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives from time to time.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the CEO or other Officer from time to time.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of two years of relevant administrative experience is essential
- Educated to leaving certificate level (or equivalent) with a further relevant qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work accurately within tight deadlines
- Proven organisational skills and ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise workloads
- Adaptability and flexibility are important
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- The ability to work with confidentiality and discretion to a high degree is expected
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of office processes and equipment is important
- Full MS Office proficiency is essential
- Experience working for a similar organisation is desirable
This job description is intended as a basic guide to the scope and responsibilities of the position; it is subject to regular review and amendment as necessary.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant