The Aerodrome Operations Director is responsible for leading the Aerodrome Operations Department and ensuring it performs in accordance with the accepted policy, process and compliance requirements applicable within our clients Airports policy framework.
The Aerodrome Ops Director is responsible for the safe and efficient performance of the shift (Aerodrome Operations Duty Managers, Operations Officers, Maintenance etc) and non-front line (Airside Engineering, Stakeholder management etc.) Airside operations teams and their delivery of safe, secure, compliant, consistent and customer focused operation and the continued management of the airside apron infrastructure in line with regulatory requirements
This key role is responsible for day in day out service excellence in Airside Operations at KKIA by enhancing the efficie
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain a robust business continuity and mass disruption model in airside operations including the feasibility of continuing airport operations in an emergency situation.
· Ensure that day to day airside operations in KKIA are safe, consistent, efficient, customer focused and properly planned. Further develop relationships with airlines, handlers and regulatory authorities to improve the customer experience and in so far as possible create a cooperative airside environment.
· Engage with AOCC and other business units to ensure the efficient planning and infrastructure is in place to support efficient and safe airport operations.
· Drive data driven decision making in the day-to-day airside operation. Agree KPI’s with business and ensure implementation in each area of the department and report on same. Actively engage with all business units to ensure all metrics are identified, understood, managed & reported to deliver a safe and efficient airside operation
· Lead the airside operation to ensure the day-to-day implementation of the Safety Management System (SMS) to drive a strong safety culture throughout airside operations. Ensure compliance with the relevant Certification requirements and all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the aerodrome is safe for operations at all times.
· Engage with other RAC business units to ensure that all procedures necessary for the safe, efficient and effective functioning of the airside operation promulgated in an accurate and timely manner to the relevant audience: e.g., Aerodrome Manual, Aerodrome Notices and Safety Notice
· Hazard identification and risk assessment management: ensuring that all potential risks to the operation are identified and controlled to a level that is low as reasonably practical through a risk management system including regular review. Ensure real time /dynamic risk assessments are completed as required and record completion of same.
· Risk control monitoring (Mitigating actions), including, but not limited to ensuring that risk assessments on all projects are carried out with appropriate measures in place to mitigate potential risks in conjunction with Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management or equivalent,
- Master’s degree is preferable
- 9 years’ experience
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*