Most exciting airline in over 20 years with $30 billion++ in funding with ambition to be the most digital airline ever and providing passengers with the best experience, quality and comfort. This is a paradigm shift in aviation.
We are seeking an IFEC (Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity) Specialist to support the Guest Experience team in the development of IFEC solutions for the organisation.
· This position shall be responsible for the overall development of all IFEC products, ranging from GUI, UX, connectivity portals, digital applications, gaming integration and any other connected devices or portals to drive onboard guest experience excellence.
· The candidate shall supervise all IFEC technology projects from market research, product selection, customisation development through to final deployment (in conjunction with technical teams).
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver and implement IFEC Innovation projects, with key internal and external stakeholders such as aircraft OEMs, suppliers, brand agencies and content service providers.
· Champion the brand, guest expectations and digital future proofing during all vendor meetings, communications and product reviews.
· Develop and maintain digital innovation roadmaps to ensure best in class market positioning for the airline.
· Working with various stakeholders to build business cases for project innovations, customisation options, and vendor selection, including management buy-in and budgetary targets.
· Ensure necessary updates and status of programs is provided to senior management, and manage the necessary buy-in and approval process where necessary.
· Work collaboratively with all digital innovation stakeholders across the business to ensure a “digital first” experience while supporting a cohesive and 360 degree view of the airline guest to drive insights for decision making, revenue and marketing efforts.
· Continuously monitor the design, performance and functionality of all IFEC technologies of competitors and vendor products.
· Translate guest trends, needs and expectations into workable product solutions.
· Collaborate closely with marketing and brand teams to ensure that all GUI look and feel aligns to the overall company brand guidelines and positioning.
· Develop a world class user experience for all IFEC related products and work with other teams to develop a company-wide approach to User Experience Design.
· Manage external suppliers and work internally with colleagues across the business to ensure all stakeholders deliver the best possible IFEC product
· Support the content team on implementation of all new content and ongoing operational management of the content service provider (CSP) from a system and platform perspective.
· Align quality of product features and user experiences with industry expectations and guest expectations such as Skytrax, AirSats, CSAT etc.
· Negotiate contracts and service level agreements with suppliers to ensure best deals are secured (cost/quality)
· Work with commercial teams to develop retailing options for all digital products and services onboard the aircraft
· Participate in OEM and Vendor evaluation process, taking into consideration necessary brand, operational, technical and financial effectiveness of selections.
· Performance analysis of various IFEC features and applications, using passenger usage statistics, revenue figures and demographics to assess the performance of IFEC products.
· Research industry wide best practices and products by conducting competitor analysis (bench marking) of leading airlines, their IFEC product offering and manage the collection of quantitative and qualitative data.
· Keep fully abreast of all key product and technology developments in the IFEC market, innovation roadmaps, certification status and make recommendations for product improvements to keep at the forefront of IFEC technology.
· Maintain high level of knowledge of Company policies and procedures and Operational Specifications.
· Undertake any other duties as and when required by the company.
· Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
· Train and develop other employees, including Nationals, to support ongoing human capital development initiatives of the country.
· This role requires high levels of innovation and problem solving to meet strict deadlines and product development cycles.
· Establish and communicate a clear vision, and be highly skilled in influencing and engaging stakeholders to secure buy-in and support.
· Leadership and management experience with a strong business acumen and able to make calculated-risk decisions.
· Strong background in the development and deployment of IFEC programs across both widebody and narrow-body fleets covering all aspects of product innovation, from hardware, software, games, maps, connectivity solutions to media integration.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
· Strong understanding of aircraft configuration, IFEC existing and emerging technologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline such as digital marketing, product development, software development and software engineering.
· Post-graduation qualification an added advantage.
· Excellent command of English with strong written communication, especially technical writing skills
· This position operates from the office, headquartered in Riyadh.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*