The Identity & Access Management Analyst is responsible for provisioning, maintenance, password management and deletion, for computer applications, operating and software security systems, including responding to access issues. They will leverage their experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM), Identity and Access Governance (IAG), Privileged Access Management (PAM), or a related competency to implement and maintain the ideal solutions for our clients to enhance security capabilities for internal employees and external clients. Specifically, the individual:
· Ensures that system access is maintained in accordance with company policy.
· Supports all access management control activities across all infrastructure systems
· Evaluates existing access to ensure access levels remain commensurate with job responsibilities.
· Responsible for evaluating access management systems to show continued improvements of provision processes and operations.
· Troubleshoots issues with service account access in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
· Routinely reviews and revises department desk procedures and documents procedures for new service account access management processes.
· Reviews, reports, and maintains awareness of violations of account password policies within the standard password vault application, promptly escalating all discrepancies of significance.
· The role is expected to make sound decisions in addressing end-user’s access and other security related issues and to recommend improvements to address security issues or gaps.
· The role could make general decisions without guidance and direction in problem solving based upon a solid knowledge of the IAM functions, processes and procedures.
· The role drives the priority and time management of their own efforts to support/resolve assigned activities and communicate results and findings to end users and management as necessary.
· Wide knowledge of management systems like IDaaS, on-premise, Hybrid, IAM Products such as: Okta, Ping Federate, Ping Access, Broadcom Siteminder, Single Sign On / Integrations: SAMl2.0, OIDC, Oauth2.0, WS-FED, WAM, is preferred.
· Experience with scripting technologies: PowerShell, Java, and other languages.
· Strong hands-on Java/JEE experience.
· Experience configuring, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise applications (and COTS products) within multiple application server, operating system and database environments (e.g. WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat on Windows, Linux, UNIX and Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
· Basic consultative skill to effectively questioning and conduct core issue analysis, select and apply appropriate standards, methods, tools, and applications to independently resolve complex incidents and problems.
· Solid advanced interpersonal skills to deals effectively with individual, group, or situational conflicts through direct interaction with end users. Able to support peers within IT teams in collaborative activities as well as effectively support training and mentoring assignments to IAM Administrators and others as needed.
· Strong oral communication skills in the English language to work effectively with end users and IT peers.
· Degree holder in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Security.
· Approximately 3- 5 years of security administration experience in support of IT products or security administration and working knowledge of large IT organization operations.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*