IT Cloud Systems Engineer
Dublin , 6 month rolling contract
One of my clients, a global IT consulting firm, are looking for an IT Cloud System Engineer for a client site in Dublin This role will be focused on IT service delivery and operations. The successful candidate will have to support users of the clients infrastructure(On-premise, Cloud), software, and applications across the business.
- Linux administration, AWS, Automation/configuration management, go-getter, positive attitude.
- Experience in Data Center operations, VMware
- 4 to 5 years of experience with monitoring, troubleshooting, and diagnosing infrastructure systems.
- Strong experience on any public cloud services – Amazon Web Services(AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Compute(GCP).
- Significant experience in Linux/Unix administration.
- Automation/configuration management using Puppet/Chef/ Ansible, Terraform, or similar tools.
- Experience in source code management, CI/CD tools.
- Expertise in multiple coding and scripting languages including Shell and/or Python, PowerShell.
- Working knowledge on Monitoring tools like LogicMonitor, Prometheus, Grafana
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes and Containers would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in handling Data Center operations would be a plus.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, manage and optimize cloud/on-premise infrastructure -to ensure availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Design, test, implement continuous integration and deployment pipelines using GitLab CI, Jenkins, etc.
- Troubleshoot production issues and deployment issues.
- Install, configure, maintain Windows and Linux server software.
- Create and maintain documentation on configuration, troubleshooting, design, etc.
- Work in partnership with the IT team to align Information Technology with the overall company direction and vision.
- Maintain IT infrastructure systems within the company network -both cloud-based and local including servers, SAN, LAN/WAN, and other IT infrastructure applications.
- Design, set up, and maintain virtual servers in the VMware environment.