Job Description: IT Support Technician
Reporting to: Head of Finance & Operations
Job Type: Full Time Privately Funded Permanent Role
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Summary Job Description:
The Kings Hospital School are seeking to hire an IT Support Technician to join their Operations team and provide network individual device support throughout the school and campus. This is a position that will suit an organised individual who has an ICT system support or equivalent qualification.
Role and Responsibilities:
The following is a list but not limited to what the roles and responsibilities are:
- installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners etc
- planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades. obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures, or fittings
- Managing the IT support ticketing system
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
- responding to breakdowns and user issues
- investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer software and hardware faults
- repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Attending weekly meetings with Deputy Head of Academics and HFO to determine school priorities and requirements
- maintaining records of software licences
- managing stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies
- Responsible for maintaining the new hire and leavers email accounts.
- Supporting students with IT issues
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance on equipment is carried out both efficiently and safely.
- Build effective relationships with all stakeholder groups in the school.
- To be a key point of contact with the school’s external IT support company
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role.
- Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Be familiar with virtual network solutions
- Experience of operating a support ticketing system.
- Be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for multi-tasking.
- proficient in networking configuration, diagnostics and maintenance.
- Have experience with computer and network security, including firewalls, antivirus software and malware protection.
- Strong Teamwork abilities.
- High level of flexibility may be required to close out tasks
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have ICT system support or equivalent qualification.
- Continuous professional development will be required as an ongoing part of this role.