1st / 2nd line IT Support role
As the second line escalation point for all IT support queries you will work with the first line support team and all college users to maintain and monitor IT systems, and understand and resolve technical issues in a prompt and professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to either first line support or end user software or hardware queries via email, phone or face to face.
- After identifying the issue, you will talk the first line support staff or end user through the required steps to resolution or escalate to third line support as and when necessary.
- Work with the IT Manager and wider support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented.
- Update the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
- Maintain a strong customer focus at all times.
- Prior Experience desired – 6months – 1 year minimum
- Should be familiar with MAC software