Permanent / Full time
North Wicklow / South Dublin
Parking on site
Our client primarily manufactures key components for the Medical Device industry worldwide. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with both project management, quality and operations. The role is suitable for someone who is adaptable to the changing needs of the business and willing to work on their own initiative to make improvements to product and processes on-site. They are growing their onsite manufacturing activity with several new product lines being introduced from to support their continuous growth.
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Provide technical expertise and support in the setup of new manufacturing processes and lines.
- Provide engineering support to daily manufacturing operations.
- Execute and provide support for process validation activities.
- Preparing proposals for new equipment and dealing with equipment suppliers.
- Obtain quotations & compile project costings prior to approval.
- Lead product certification activities with external bodies.
- Project planning and execution in collaboration with project engineering.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload with parallel activities.
- Development of relevant process related documentation in advance of validation.
- Update process documentation and work instruction format to enhance usability.
- Review and implement improvements to the Preventative Maintenance programme.
- Pro-active approach to continuous improvement activities on site.
Suitable requirements of the position or equivalent:
- 3-5 years’ experience operating at in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or 6 sigma.
- Knowledge of CE Marking processes with external bodies.
- Experience in a medical device or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office suite including MS Project, Minitab or equivalent
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
Knowledge – An experienced professional from a manufacturing background. Good knowledge of technical and business concepts, procedures and practices.
Problem Solving – Applies knowledge and exercises judgement to recommend solutions and solve problems.
Planning and Organisation – Plans, organises and prioritises work according to company strategies and customer requirements to ensure effective delivery tasks.
Business Relationships – Maintains effective relationships with cross-functional project teams, suppliers and management
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant