Job Reference: ADPROENGMO
Salary: €Negotiable + DOE
Contract type: Full-Time
Location: Dublin South / North Wicklow
**Excellent opportunity to join a growing manufacturing medical devices company**
Our client manufactures components for the Medical Devices industry around the globe. They are growing their onsite manufacturing activity with several new product lines in addition to their existing business. The Moulding Engineer will be responsible for the manufacturing process in their new on-site cleanroom. You will be providing support to production operations including working with injection moulding equipment, tool changes, automation lines & manual assembly lines, ensuring daily targets are met, providing key metrics to management. Continuous improvement is important for any manufacturing operations; therefore, you will be working closely with the Engineering and Quality teams to implement lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing process.
- Work with Manufacturing and Project Engineers in developing, troubleshooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting Injection Moulding core polymer processes
- Responsibility for the troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of injection mould tooling.
- Ensure that all machine, tools and processes are run in accordance with the prescribed process tolerances and maintenance schedules.
- Implement continuous improvement activities on new and existing product lines.
- Maintain an appropriate spares inventory for key injection moulding maintenance items
- Perform preventative maintenance on injection moulding equipment and coordinate repairs where necessary
- Execution of mould changeovers and equipment setups as part of production runs
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations to the requirements of the quality system and end customers.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
Requirements of the Moulding Engineer:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- HETAC Level 6 qualification ideally in Polymer Engineering or equivalent
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland and currently living in the country
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes
- Knowledge of mould tooling design, tooling materials & IQ/OQ/PQ Validation processes
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Medical Device or regulated industry experience a distinct advantage
Senior Recruitment Consultant