Position: Executive Director Procurement.
Direct Reporting Relationship: Chief Operating Officer.
Supervises: Manager of Logistics, manager of Procurement, Manager Operational Procurement.
Division: Corporate Services.
Role Purpose: Develop project-specific procurement RFPs, Support in the shortlisting of suppliers & contractors.
- Execute procurement strategy developed by Strategic Procurement department
- Develop RFP templates for procurement of various services
- Lead RFP process with third parties, detailing procedures, time for submission and bids evaluation criteria
- Lead advance procurement process, drafting RFPs and contract awards
- Collaborate with Legal department in the draft of RFPs and awarding contracts
- Manage development of individual projects and coordinate with Director of Program Management / development directors to ensure delivery within the timeframe required and quality
- Oversee implementation of procurement of goods and services ensuring that resultant Purchase Orders (PO), Service Provision Agreements (SPA) and Long Term Agreements (LTA) are drafted and executed in a timely manner
- Build relationships with contracted service providers for future business dealings
- Provide recommendations and support in the selection and shortlisting of suppliers and contractors
- Support Development Directors in ensuring respect of contractual terms by contracted parties
- Manager Logistics
- Manager Project Procurement
- Manager Operational Procurement
- Management Committee
- Strategic Procurement department
- Heads of Development department
- Heads of Asset Management department
- Legal department
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility and organization skills to accommodate a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and service oriented environment
- Experience in high volume complex contracting, negotiations and procedures
- 15+ years of experience in similar position within the industry
- Extensive experience in infrastructure procurement
- Commercial and legal background preferred
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*