Position: Regulatory Support Analyst
Reports to: VP, Managed Services Reg
Our client is a trusted global RegTech partner that uniquely brings together innovative technology- driven solutions to support financial services firms in navigating a clear and strategic path through the complex and fragmented global regulatory space. Our solutions and services help firms meet regulatory deadlines while optimizing compliance data, operations, and technology. The business covers a full range of global compliance disciplines spanning fund reporting, transaction reporting, investment monitoring, compliance management, compliance services and managed services with a complementary, centralized approach to the strategic management of regulatory data
About the team
The Managed Services Reg team is responsible for the full cycle of preparation of regulatory reporting for Asset Managers utilizing our in-house built solutions. The team works closely with other departments to deliver exceptional service to clients, while gathering an understanding of clients’ needs and communicating this back to the software development team to help guide the strategic development of the software offering.
As a Regulatory Support Analyst, you will work closely with our clients on the preparation of regulatory filings, including AIFMD Annex IV, Form PF, CPO-PQR, ADV and Solvency II. This requires a thorough understanding of accounting principles, knowledge of financial instruments, and exceptional data handling skills.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/FinTech/Business Studies or equivalent
- Studying CFA/FRM/CAIA is a plus, not essential
- 3+ years in fund accounting, reporting, compliance, or mid- or back- office role in financial services industry.
- Exceptional & proven experience of data handling & manipulation techniques
- Knowledge and/or studying SQL/VBA/Python is a plus.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of financial products & markets.
- Expert understanding of Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-starter personality with a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management & planning skills.
- Strong execution skills and track record
- Guides and monitors BAU Analysts.
- Quality checks & reviews of regulatory filings.
- Monitors workflows & processes.
- Timelines & processes planning.
- “Gatekeeper” for client related queries during filing season.
- Agent of change – reducing risks, optimizing & scaling up existing service offerings.
- Service level agreements – adherence & monitoring.
- Operational reviews with Clients (post-mortems).
- Constant upskilling & training of BAU analysts.
- Continuous improvements.
- Responsible for filing generation and completion.
- Processing clients’ data using in-house platforms and tools.
- Analyze any discrepancies and variances in Excel.
- Actively engage with other team members.
- Monitor data traffic during the filing.
- Capture changes and client specific circumstances.
- Responsible for scope monitoring (within boundaries of SLA).
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant