(3 or 5 days remote) €50,000 plus bens
Our client is a patient registry voluntary organisation which records, stores and analyses relevant data about the health and medical treatment of people with cystic fibrosis (CF) in Ireland. The information gathered is used to understand the health, wellbeing, and treatments received by people living with CF, provide accurate reports in order to monitor and improve treatments, and research, which will contribute to the quality of care of persons with CF.
The post-holder will have an interest in developing programming, statistical, visualization, analytical and reporting skills. As a Research Analyst, you will be required to develop an understanding of registry operations, software, data and data gathering processes in each of the data collection sites.
- Undertake cohort extraction from the registry database, conduct data analysis and produce tables, figures and listings.
- •Produce reports on registry data analyses.
- Gain experience in using statistical approaches and techniques such as general linear modelling, Cox Proportional Hazards and Survival analysis, under senior guidance.
- Develop protocols, statistical analysis plans and analysis specifications under senior guidance.
- Develop core registry data analysis tools in proprietary software and SAS under senior guidance.
- Contribute to the design and development of a data quality programme, including standards, tools and templates in line with best practice.
- Conduct data quality reviews under senior guidance to increase confidence in core functional operations.
- Drive quality and accuracy of registry analyses by contributing as required to constant improvements on systems and processes.
- Interface with the Head of Research and Clinical Research Associates during data analysis, reporting and resolution of data quality issues.
- Work under the direction of project leads to accurately and efficiently execute the data migration strategy from prior registry software to a new system.
- Work as directed to create data migration test cases and develop test strategy.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing as required from a data migration perspective.
- Proactively alert team members of any risks related to the deliverables and the timeliness.
Core competency requirements:
1. Strong quantitative data analysis skills.
2. Experience performing statistical tests and modelling.
3. Experience with one or more statistical analysis tools; SAS, R.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Excellent scientific writing skills.
6. Read, write and speak fluent English.
7. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Ability to working both independently, autonomously and as part of a collaborative team.
10. Excellent understanding of the confidential nature of this work and in particular, the right of patients to confidentiality.
11. Ability to develop plans and execute them effectively.
12. Flexible to the needs of the organisation.
Desirable competency requirements:
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree in a field with quantitative data skills at their core, such as computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics or similar.
2. Prior work experience with health information organisations or a willingness to learn.
3. Experience with electronic medical records, registries or health outcomes data is a plus.
4. Experience in epidemiology, health or clinical research is a plus.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*