Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5:00pm
Salary: c. €50k, plus €20k OTE
My client is a leading global fleet management company which operates in the fuel, telematics, telecoms and insurance industries. Their wide range of services includes fuel cards, vehicle tracking and business phone solutions. They are a successful, fast-growing global company with offices across five continents.
They are looking for a Sales Manager to manage their Telecoms & Telematics division in their Galway office.
What will you be doing as a Sales Manager?
- Day to day management of an outbound sales team sales team
- Specific focus on the development of less tenured Sales Agents
- Develop team capability to achieve 20% close rate on all referrals;
- Coach, develop and mentor the team to drive enhanced performance;
- Provide full management reporting of achievements against key KPI’s;
- Maintain granular understanding of Radius product portfolio – understand key features, advantages and benefits of each product;
- Work closely with marketing to drive a steady flow of leads into the operation through campaigns
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required on occasion to perform other duties assigned by the manager/director. This job description is a guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and is not exhaustive.
What experience / skills are we looking for?
- Experience in a Sales Manager/Team Leader role, ideally in contact centre or similar
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office packages. It will be part of the Team Managers duties to skilfully display sales targets and results.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence decision/non-decision makers
- Strong team building skills and an ability to build effective relationships with customers
- Enthusiastic self-starter, driven by the intent to succeed and achieve company goals
- Excellent training and coaching;
- Friendly & supportive team working environment that encourages opportunities for self-development;
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development and progression;
- Annual salary review and competitive commission scheme/bonus scheme;
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with each year of services to a maximum of 25);
- And more!