Full-time, permanent, working Monday to Friday. A level of flexibility regarding working hours (typically 8.30am-5.30pm) will be required during the developing phase of the team.
Our client, a leading Freight & Logistics business is seeking to hire Trainee Customs Specialist (Subject Matter Experts) to join their team. You will be part of a newly established team reporting directly to our in-house Customs Experts.
You will be responsible for supporting the team in processing all customs shipments documentation, reviewing and resolving customs related queries. You will complete all customs administrative tasks efficiently and accurately to ensure the company first in class service philosophy is not impacted
Essential Qualifications / Experience & Attributes:
- Minimum 3 months in a Freight Forwarding operation
- Hold or working towards a qualification in Customs Clearance, a definite advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capable of working at fast paced environment
- Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills
- Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail
- Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and highly ambitious approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completing and validating documentation
- Updating internal system
- Compliance control
- Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation
- Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties
- Import & Export customs entries
- Creating invoices for month end billing for customers
- Completing ISD’s (Import Simplified Documents) on behalf of carriers
- Validating ISD’s received from carriers
- Compiling Import Simplified ISD’s onto Access database
- Declaring End of Month bulk entries
- Complete reporting customer & Revenue
- Assist in follow up Compliance Testing
- Freight Forwarding support
- Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
- Provide completed documentation to Customer
- Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
- Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant