Most exciting airline in over 20 years with $30 billion++ in funding with ambition to be the most digital airline ever and providing passengers with the best experience, quality and comfort. This is a paradigm shift in aviation.
We are looking for a professional VP – PMO who is responsible for developing and managing organization wide projects, prioritizing initiatives, developing action plans with responsible stakeholders, and ensuring that projects are completed according to approved timelines. This role will develop and enhance project management tools, processes & systems to ensure consistent and efficient ways of working. The VP – PMO will establish frameworks for managing projects based on PMO principles and best practices for transparency in implementation and achievement of strategic goals.
He/ She will also work on making decisions and finding appropriate solutions regarding the company initiatives and projects, monitoring the progress of key projects to ensure accountability, and issuing periodic reports on the current status of projects.
· Provide strategic and operational leadership for the PMO.
· Define, communicate, and execute the vision and strategies for effective project management across the company.
· Facilitate the intake and prioritization of projects to ensure alignment with strategic priorities and provide effective project management governance and delivery of company’s projects.
· Monitor and research new procedures and systems for the PMO, inform the company’s top management of changes related to new and ongoing projects within the organization, as well as resolving and escalating project issues in a timely fashion.
· Stay current with PMO trends and processes, evaluate the applications and PMO department for continual improvement in efficiency.
· Oversee staffing, training, duty assignment, work schedules and performance monitoring for the business unit.
· Schedule and balance team activities to meet deadlines for deliverables and meetings.
· Oversee communications and working relationships with clients, vendors, and management
· Ensure the application of project management methodologies, tools and templates developed to manage initiatives throughout the life-cycle of the projects.
· Oversee the overall progress and percentage of achievement of the programs, initiatives and projects that are implemented by the responsible department.
· Review the process for determining the estimated budget requirements and expected expenses regarding the general administration of the project and following up on disbursement and expenditures.
· Monitor the financial performance of project operations according to the specified budget to ensure compliance with approved budget guidelines, identify areas of unsatisfactory performance and recommend performance improvement opportunities.
· Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the local, regional and international levels to support the development efforts of the authority.
· Follow up and escalate key risks and issues, in addition to proposing solutions, technical insights, resource management allocations and recommendations to ensure the success of key projects.
· Lead ad direct project leaders to assign clear responsibilities to respective teams, with specific deliverables and deadlines.
· Assist project teams in all phases of their projects from project definition to rollout.
· Perform any related activities according to business requirements.
· Minimum of 10 years of related experience with project management concepts and methodologies, and project management tools and professional experience in project and portfolio management at a senior level
· Experience leading large enterprise transformation initiatives
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or any related field.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a major advantage.
· Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
· Innovative thinking – Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements
· Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions
· Analytical thinking and results focused
· Ability to shape business decisions, culture, and technology change in a complex operating environment
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
· Project management skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of initiative and accountability
· High level of professionalism and work ethics
· Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent command of both English and Arabic, spoken and written.
· This position operates from the office, headquartered in Riyadh
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*