Job Description: Weekend Programme Coordinator
Reporting to: Deputy Head Pastoral
Direct Reports: Part time weekend duty staff
Job Type: Weekend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, (Monday hrs flexible) total of 35 Hrs. Fixed term for one year with a view to permanent role.
Summary Job Description:
The King’s Hospital is looking to recruit a Weekend Programme Coordinator to manage the weekend programme and staff. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to work with young people and manage a team of enthusiastic weekend programme duty staff members. The successful candidate will be fully committed to the aims and ideals of boarding school life and demonstrate the ability to deliver excellent levels of leadership and pastoral care.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact, including knowing how to report any concerns about a child’s welfare.
- Development and Management of the full Weekend Programme.
- Generate and review weekend programme budget with the Head of Finance and Operations.
- Actively engage with the Boarding House parents.
- Develop in conjunction with the Director of Boarding continuous personal development plans for all direct report weekend staff.
- Induction, Health & Safety, and other required training for all weekend staff.
- Manage staff requirements on a yearly basis, working closely with HR and Director of Boarding.
- Planning and managing activities and events to enhance the personal and social development of the students both in the School and in the community.
- Communication to parents and students, publishing programming via email and on notice boards on a weekly basis.
- Motivating students to sign up for activities and events.
- Maintaining records required by accounts office to ensure correct billing occurs.
- Actively enforcing prep protocols.
- Be highly visible around the school when on duty.
- Actively engaging students in conversation, academic support, and social events.
- Ensure control measures are adhered to ensure the “whereabouts” of students.
- Actively cultivating and encouraging leadership capacity in weekend duty staff.
- Understanding and then fairly and consistently enforcing Residential Life rules and policies.
- Familiarity with and the ability to effectively implement emergency protocols in the event of fire or other emergency.
The above main duties are not exclusive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of the responsibility.
- Proven management experience, which incorporates detailed planning, successful implementation and effective monitoring and evaluation of strategies.
- Experience of managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience of working with young people (13-18).
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Ability to develop the weekend program with a wide range of activities and events to enhance the personal and social development of the students both in the School and in the community.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Strong Budgeting skills.
- Leadership qualities, including energy, resilience and ability to enthuse and motivate others.
- An ability to relate well to colleagues, parents and students.
- Positive attitude to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work.
- A respect for confidentiality.
- A full driver’s licence.
- Experience of working in youth organisations and or community programmes.
- High level of organization and initiative.
- Approachability, accessibility and flexibility.
- First Aid Training.
- A commitment to a career working with young people.
- The successful candidate is likely to hold a degree in a Social Science subject or related discipline.