Most exciting airline in over 20 years with $30 billion++ in funding with ambition to be the most digital airline ever and providing passengers with the best experience, quality and comfort. This is a paradigm shift in aviation.
We are looking for a professional Category Manager – Aviation who is responsible for the procurement process for aviation specific products and services across departments – technical specification review, bidding process, vendor selection, negotiations, contract review, contract finalisation.
The Category Manager – Aviation will be is responsible for aviation specific purchasing such as, but not limited to: aircraft, engines, airport services (aircraft, cargo, baggage, passenger), aviation specific IT systems, third party supply (if relevant) of other aviation support services such as fuel, cleaning, catering, engineering, and training – striking a balance between quality and cost of goods and services.
· Develop procurement strategies (e.g., tendering, reverse auctions).
· Receive specific procurement requirements/needs from departments or senior management.
· Detail the specifications of the requirement by sharing the RFP/RFT templates.
· Manage RFP process for suppliers.
· Direct market research on various aspects connected with procurement such as new methods and tools, new suppliers, new products, cost comparisons, etc.
· Monitor past expenditure trends for comparison (with baseline) to identify spending patterns which might be helpful in negotiations.
· Plan future procurements ahead of time to ensure timely delivery.
· Approve vendors/supplier contracts.
· Manage relationships with vendors and design contracts that serve the companies interests.
· Oversee negotiation of terms and conditions in contracts, including negotiation on price, availability, customization, delivery method, and delivery schedules.
· Direct and ensure smooth operation of the tender process for procurement contracts as per adopted policies and procedures (and in cooperation with requesting department and according to requirements specified in technical documents).
· Interpret terms and conditions specified in contract clauses and advise departments on contract matters concerning external contractors.
· Review draft of contracts to ensure all terms and conditions are acceptable as per policy and practice.
· Perform any related activities according to business requirements.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in aviation-specific procurement and contracts.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement or any related field.
· High proficiency in MS Office
· Strong knowledge of global supply chain trends
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Project management skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of initiative and accountability
· High level of professionalism and work ethics
· Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent command of both English and Arabic, spoken and written.
· This position operates from the office, headquartered in Riyadh.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*