Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have many rights about your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the service provided by Firstaff Personnel Consultants. By using the service provided by Firstaff Personnel Consultants, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. Firstaff Personnel Consultants may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement.
If you do not accept how we process your data in the manner detailed in this Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants collects and uses your personal information to perform the recruitment functions/services you have requested. We will collect your personal data. Personal data will consist of your name, contact details and other relevant information contained in your CV. Firstaff Personnel Consultants will confirm your consent for us to hold your personal information before it is stored and processed.
Your personal data will be requested, stored, processed, used and disclosed by Firstaff Personnel Consultants to:
Match data about you against vacancies which we may have that we determine may be suitable for you. Firstaff Personnel Consultants provide recruitment services, we will keep your data on our database and communicate with you about relevant job opportunities and provide career guidance and support.
Send your information to our clients to put you forward as a candidate for vacancies or to assess your eligibility for vacancies that we may have with your permission. When your information is sent to a client, we will automatically notify you when this has been done, to which client it has been shared and for what specific purpose so that you know where else your data has been submitted and stored.
Third-parties where we or our client have engaged them to deliver services that have been requested. These may include references, qualifications, criminal reference checking services and/or psychometric evaluation or skill tests. These will be advised to you as part of the process and you have the option to decline/ opt out.
For people being employed by Firstaff Personnel Consultants as a permanent, contractor or temporary employee, additional personal information is required to facilitate employment, compliance and payment services, such as bank account details, national identification numbers and visa details. This data will only be held for as long as it is required to provide such employment services and will be deleted once your employment has finished and data is not required for any other legal purposes.
The information that you have provided to us may be made available to personnel working in Firstaff Personnel Consultants, our clients, and the third parties as set out above. Your personal data is wholly stored and processed within the European Economic Area.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
However, please let Firstaff Personnel Consultants know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can, to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants will hold your data on our database for a period of three years for considering you for suitable current or future opportunities, with your consent.
When this three-year period ends, you will be notified by email if you consent to us holding your data or would like us to delete your data from our database.
If you no longer wish for us to hold your data at any time before this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing, before your consent was withdrawn.
Right to Access Information
You have the right to obtain the following information from Firstaff Personnel Consultants:
- Confirmation that we are processing your personal data
- Copy of your personal data
- Other supplementary information:
- Purposes of processing your data
- Categories of personal data concerned
- Recipients to whom your personal data has been disclosed
- Retention period for storing your data
- The existence of the following rights:
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object to such processing
- Right to make a complaint to the Data Processing Commissioner
- Where personal data is not collected from you, information as to our source
The right to the information above must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
A Subjects Access Request can be made verbally or in writing, or you can complete the Data Subject Access Request Form below
Firstaff Personnel Consultants will provide this information in electronic form, unless otherwise requested by you.
Firstaff Personnel Consultants must comply with a subject access request within one month of receipt.There is no fee for this service, however if you request any further copies, Firstaff Personnel Consultants may charge a reasonable fee.
Rights to Rectification
If your personal data is inaccurate, you have the right to have the data rectified, without undue delay. If your personal data is incomplete, you have the right to have the data completed, including by means of providing supplementary information.
Rights to Erasure
This is also known as the “right to be forgotten”
You have the right to have your data erased, if one of the following grounds applies:
- Where your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed
- Where you withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other lawful basis for processing the data
- Where you object to the processing of your data and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Where you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Where your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation
- Where your personal data has been disclosed to another recipient, the right to request erasure of your data by the recipient
Rights to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- You are contesting the accuracy of your personal data
- You are objecting to the processing of your data under Article 21.
In these cases, the restriction will apply until we have determined the accuracy of your data or the outcome of your objection.
- You can request restriction where the processing is unlawful, if you do not wish your data to be deleted but restricted instead
- Where you require your data to be kept for a legal claim, you can request the restriction of processing of your data.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission if you feel that we are in breach of any of your rights.
We would ask that you contact us first, at firstname.lastname@example.org , to enable us to try to deal with the matter to your satisfaction.
DATA PROTECTION COMMISSION
Dublin Office Portarlington Office
21 Fitzwilliam Square Canal House
Dublin 2 Station Road
D02 RD28 Portarlington
Ireland R32 AP23
Phone +353 57 868 4800 or +353 761 104 800
LoCall 1 890 25 22 31
Fax +353 57 868 4757
Breach Notification Form: https://www.dataprotection.ie/documents/gdpr_forms/National_Breach_Notification_Form.pdf