Contract Lead Test / Defect specialist 1yr contract
The management and control of all defects within the project
To own and chair daily defect calls with lead Development, Test and Operational Teams, and to provide clear minutes and actions.
Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
Liaising with the Problem Management Team to ensure a clear and efficient interaction within overlapping processes, and to promote this with all customers.
Ensuring all defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle.
Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
Represent the regional position on defect status to both regional users and international staff on a regular basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels within the company, plus good presentation skills.
- The ability to chair, own, and steer critical development meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate experience of working in high pressure environments in previous roles.
- Ability to manage repeatable standard processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- This role will require the candidate to be an excellent self starter and be proactive, and be able to provide previous evidence of these skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to adapt and learn from other team members, by additionally demonstrating an analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal customers, influencing and persuading where appropriate and resolving any conflicts which arise.
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
- Good practical knowledge of Jira
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*