Injection Moulding Manager
c. €70k DOE
North Wicklow / South Dublin
Our client primarily manufactures key components for the Medical Device industry worldwide. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with both project management, quality and operations. The role is suitable for someone who is adaptable to the changing needs of the business and willing to work on their own initiative to make improvements to products and processes on-site. They are growing their onsite manufacturing activity with several new product lines being introduced to support their continuous growth.
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Supervision of production staff ensuring targets are being monitored and achieved. Ensuring staffing levels are adequate and organising staff cover for holidays.
- Work with manufacturing and project engineering in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting injection moulding and extrusion core processes and procedures.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of injection moulding and extrusion tooling.
- Ensure that all machine, tools and processes are run in accordance to the prescribed process tolerances and maintenance schedules.
- Implement continuous improvement activities on new and existing processes.
- Maintain an appropriate spares inventory for key maintenance items.
- Perform preventative maintenance on injection moulding equipment and coordinate repairs where necessary.
- Execution of mould changeovers and equipment setups as part of production runs.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations to the requirements of the quality system and end customers.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
Suitable requirements of the position or equivalent:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- HETAC Level 6 qualification ideally in Polymer Engineering or equivalent
- Must be eligible to work full time in Ireland.
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes
- Ability to supervise a small group of production staff
- Knowledge of mould tooling, tooling materials & IQ/OQ/PQ Validation processes.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 5 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Medical device or regulated industry experience a distinct advantage
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant