Employment status: Full time, permanent
Location: Daily travel to locations throughout Island of Ireland
Hours: 40 per week, working pattern varying from week-to-week
Summary of the Role:
Our field team is responsible for maintaining operational standards across our market of stores, collaborating with Franchise owners and their stores on goal setting, training and review. Individual site learnings are reviewed to spot patterns and areas of opportunity both in your own group of sites and in the wider network.
The restaurant performance specialist will work with restaurants to identify issues needing attention across all aspects of the business. This starts by taking a hands-on role to learn the basics specific to our operation, and the hands-on involvement will continue as you lead by example each time your visit a restaurant.
This is a varied role where flexibility and adaptability are key to meeting the varying challenges and situations that can arise. Excellent personal organization and a willingness to travel, including nights away from home, are a vital part of success in this position. It is also a role that gives you exposure to the various levels of running a business, providing fantastic experience for growing and developing your career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and scheduling working time and travel so that deadlines can be met.
- Taking a hands-on role in the food and customer service environment to assess the ability of
- Setting examples of best practice for in store teams through personal presentation,
professionalism, and brand knowledge.
- Devising and delivering training plans in collaboration with instore managers.
- Reviewing wider business performance to identify opportunities in profitability and local
- Working both individually and with colleagues to spot broader trends and areas of potential
common to multiple locations.
- Identifying and communicating problems you cannot solve which need attention from
colleagues with specific expertise.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of reporting operational results and metrics.
- Proactively track and monitor progress of key data in the business.
- Participate and contribute in regular meeting via video call or in person.
Qualifications and Training
Essential: Recognised formal qualification related to the restaurant and hospitality industry
Desirable: Specific and current food safety qualifications
Essential: Three years working in a hands-on role within the food industry
Work experience in an environment that can demonstrate teamwork, problem solving
and communication skills
Desirable: Experience in a formal training role within the food industry
Experience of working in a public, customer-facing role
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes
Essential: Strong, accurate attention to detail
High standards of communication in both oral and written formats
Familiarity of controls on food safety within the restaurant industry
Familiarity with controlling profitability within the restaurant industry
The ability to plan and prioritize personal workload, organizing time in a methodical
and logical manner to meet deadlines
A personable approach that can build professional relationships
A positive attitude and be able to lead by example
Basic IT skills, including typing and the Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word and Excel
Desirable: Familiarity with food preparation practices in a professional environment
Essential: Valid driving license
Ability to travel, including frequent nights away from home
- 20 days paid holiday per annum, in addition to 9 paid public holidays
- Flexibility in working hours across the week – not Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Pension scheme
- Company car, phone and laptop