Most exciting airline in over 20 years with $30 billion++ in funding with ambition to be the most digital airline ever and providing passengers with the best experience, quality and comfort. This is a paradigm shift in aviation.
We are looking for a professional Senior Manager – Fleet Planning who will be responsible for evaluating aircraft types and providing insights and reports in the aircraft selection process. The Senior Manager – Fleet Planning will also be responsible to evaluate the economical aspects of various new route options.
Senior Manager – Fleet Planning will contribute in providing his/her expertise in route profitability performance improvements to achieve the best commercial objectives of enhanced profits. In addition to developing and implementing fleet strategies that aligns with the companies vision.
· Responsible for evaluating, planning, and determining the short and long term fleet requirement of the airline.
· Conduct detail studies of candidate aircraft in areas of technical, performance, economic and financial analysis and make recommendations.
· Responsible for the airlines’ airplanes phase in and phase out, long term lease-in and lease outs, airplane purchasing and selling.
· Work with aircraft manufacturers, aircraft owners, financiers, and third party in the negotiation and documentation processes for airplane purchase, leases, and selling.
· Manage the evaluation of new aircraft types as part of the companies long term plan and strategic fleet development, contributing to the aircraft selection process with comparative analyses of interior layout and specification definitions, aircraft performances and network deployment, aircraft weight and payload calculations and fleet economics.
· Audit the development of contracted aircraft specifications prior to delivery and liaise with aircraft manufacturers in matters relating to weight build-up, design characteristics and configuration requirements.
· Execute the strategic Fleet Development Plan and provide professional support on aircraft finance and phase-out matters to enable a pro-active and dynamic approach to fleet turnover.
· Evaluate strategic alternatives in network and product planning, such as aircraft redeployment scenarios, fleet mix and interior specifications. Suggest improvements in fleet operations in terms of weight savings and performance enhancements to maximize cost efficiencies and revenue potential.
· Review route network performance in order to identify profitability issues and provide forewarning to the management, along with a thoroughly researched recommendation plan to improve the route profitability, and influence Commercial stakeholders, as required, for effective implementation.
· Research the competitive landscape, including route network and product offering by competition, and highlight improvement areas for senior management review. Leverage on the industry contacts through effective networking, in order to enhance the research quality and critical information.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in Fleet Planning or any relevant field.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any relevant field.
· Masters is a plus
· Strong Knowledge in aircraft maintenance programs
· Strategic Thinking
· Attention to details
· Analytical Thinking
· Project Management
· Strong interpersonal skills
· High level of professionalism and work ethics
· Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent command of both English and Arabic, spoken and written.
· This position operates from the office, headquartered in Riyadh.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*