€45 – 55K DOE
North Wicklow / South Dublin
Our client primarily manufactures key components for the Medical Device industry worldwide. The Production Supervisor will be required to manage and co-ordinate the activities of production personnel to achieve production metrics including throughput, changeover times, minimising downtime and driving ongoing improvement while optimizing the manufacturing process for increased productivity. This person will be required to ensure that production schedules are produced in a timely fashion and to ensure that all operational, administration, H&S and business controls are adhered to. The ideal candidates will have production management experience and have good manufacturing practices and lean principles. The role involves managing a production team on rotating days and evenings shift over 5 working days.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the production processes and recommending production strategies
- Enforcing safety guidelines
- Solving production issues
- Organizing training activities and encouraging team participation
- Conducting employee appraisals
- To ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service and safety goals through effective management.
- To lead and manage assigned operations manufacturing and liaise with support functions namely scheduling, maintenance, engineering and sales.
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that all H & S requirements and procedures are adhered to, including the reporting and resolution of all incidents or accidents and the correct use of specified PPE.
- Establish strong working relationships with all departments ensuring a cohesive approach to delivery of budgeted metrics and other key performance indicators.
- Ensure that all procedures relating to any aspect of production are fully implemented and adhered to, in line with customer and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure that there are adequate resources available for the shift based on the production schedule and that appropriate control is exercised on overtime spend and other production costs.
- Ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to personnel, quality, engineering and safety.
- Ensure that all shift personnel are appropriately trained to carry out their role in an optimal way.
- Recommend/implement improvements to standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement in production and safety;
- Ensure the site uptime is maximised through a preventative maintenance programme.
Suitable requirements of the position or equivalent:
- 5 years experience operating at a similar level within a production facility.
- Strong team player and experienced leader in a production environment.
- Ability to engage and motivate production teams.
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment to support our customers.
- Good numeracy & literacy skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Passionate about meeting both customer and company expectations.
- IT literate.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Production expertise, leadership, communication, organization, and planning, being able to motivate others and a clear understanding of troubleshooting manufacturing processes and automation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or management would be a distinct advantage for this role.
- Applicants with experience in medical cleanroom manufacturing processes, procedures and product and process validation would be a distinct advantage for this role.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.
Senior Recruitment Consultant